From Home Furnishing Business
Libby Langdon to Give Keynote Address at Pinnacle Awards Gala
Designer, author and television personality Libby Langdon has been named keynote speaker for the 26th annual Pinnacle Awards Gala, which is set for Monday, Oct. 24 at the Qubein Arena and Conference Center on the campus of High Point University.
The reception and awards ceremony, sponsored by the International Society of Furniture Designers, will feature awards in 20 design categories.
Known as the creative force behind the New York City-based design firm Libby Interiors, Langdon also travels the country presenting her home décor seminars about all things design to consumers, design professionals, and retailers. She is famous for her "Easy, Elegant, Everyday Style," as well as her licensed home furnishings collections, including lighting for Crystorama, rugs for KAS, artwork for Paragon, a complete home collection of upholstery and case goods for Fairfield Chair, and accessories for A&B Home.
Her interior design work and home products have been featured in leading shelter magazines, including Architectural Digest, House Beautiful, Traditional Home, Hamptons Cottages & Gardens, Better Homes and Gardens, and Woman's Day. Langdon has been a regular design expert on NBC's TODAY Show, HGTV's Small Space, Big Style, The View, The Rachael Ray Show, The Early Show and NBC's Open House.
She also serves on the Boards of the Sustainable Furnishings Council and The Bienenstock Library.
The Pinnacle Awards judges selected the finalists and then, after extensive review, will name the ultimate winning designs that will be revealed at the awards gala. The winning products will be promoted to retailers in the U.S. and around the world.
Winning products will also have the right to feature the 2022 Pinnacle Awards logo on all related media, collateral, and packaging.
This year’s judges were:
- Andrea Banda, Vice President of Merchandising, Rooms To Go
- Michelle Castagna, IFDA Florida Chapter President
- Scott Coley, Independent Product Designer and ISFD Board Member
- Diane Falvey, Editor in Chief, Furniture, Lighting & Décor
- Susan Inglis, Resident Expert & Educator-in-chief, Sustainable Furnishings Council
- Andrea Lillo, Executive Editor, Designers Today
- Lewis Mabon, Independent Product Designer and ISFD Board Member
- Kristen Moonjian, Director of Home Interiors + Design, Fashion Snoops
- Jennifer Nutt, Rooms To Go
- Chris Rayle, VP Case Goods Product Development, Rooms To Go
- Katherine Shoaf, Director of Merchandising and Sales, Radiate Textiles
- Julie Talbert, Merchandiser Stylist, P/Kaufmann
- Marcia Weiss, Director of the Fashion & Textiles Future Center, Director of Textiles Future Center, Director of the Textile Design Programs and the Harold Neuman Textile Design Chair at Philadelphia University and Thomas Jefferson University
Tickets for the awards gala are available by visiting the Pinnacle Awards Gala website.