From Home Furnishing Business
Nationwide Marketing Group’s PrimeTime Spotlights Outdoor
With a spotlight on Outdoor, Nationwide Marketing Group has opened registration for its 59th edition of PrimeTime, Aug. 13 – 16, in Orlando, Florida.
“PrimeTime has always been about more than just the buying opportunities,” says Tom Hickman, president and chief member advocate, Nationwide. “When we bring our members and the rest of the independent channel together, we want them to discover things that they can take back to their stores and implement right away. Our PrimeTime Backyard in Orlando is just one way we’ll look to inspire our members at this show.”
Building on the PrimeTime Backyard concept that debuted in Phoenix earlier this year, the PrimeTime Backyard in Orlando will include vendors from nearly every category, showcasing products in a lifestyle setup. Of course, the food and flavors will be a central part of the atmosphere. But attendees will also see products on display from various outdoor furniture and consumer electronics brands, as well.
“The PrimeTime Backyard is all about giving retailers the chance to see the outdoor category in action, in a very natural way,” says John Laing, director of appliances and outdoor for Nationwide and the driving force behind the outdoor experience at PrimeTime. “It’s a great opportunity for our members to rethink how they showcase these products, both inside and outside their own stores. And for those who maybe never considered merchandising the category, this experience will be a wonderful introduction to a new vertical that’s both fun and profitable.”
In addition to the expanded emphasis on the outdoor category, PrimeTime will feature the same educational, buying and networking opportunities that have made the show a must-attend for Nationwide members, including:
- A two-day expo featuring over 1,000 can’t-miss Show Specials and Cash Back offers from vendor partners
- Targeted merchandising sessions on home appliances, consumer electronics, and furniture and bedding
- More than 100 hours of education, available exclusively through the Nationwide Learning Academy
- A meal packing give-back event with No Child Hungry
- The 90-minute PrimeTime Palooza shopping frenzy, filled with limited-time and limited-quantity offers
- Networking opportunities for specialty groups, including WIN: Women in Nationwide, Service Leaders Network, Nationwide RentDirect, Home Technology Specialists Nationwide (HTSN) and NextGen/I.D.E.A.