From Home Furnishing Business
DMC Prepares for Winter Lightovation 2022
Dallas Market Center, the home of Lightovation, the largest residential lighting trade event in North America, has announced details for the January 6-9, 2022 edition of the show. The winter show will deliver the largest collection of new designs and technologies across a 1 million square foot lighting marketplace.
“The lighting community is eager to reunite in person to see an incredible array of new styles and cutting edge designs,” said Cindy Morris, president and CEO of Dallas Market Center. “We are anticipating the largest Lightovation show in years as buyers experience every important element of the show including inspiration and connection.”
Pre-registration is now available for the show, which officially opens on Thursday, January 6 but will hold a preview day on Wednesday, by visiting www.dallasmarketcenter.com/lightovation. By pre-registering buyers will receive a FastPass email for contactless, quick entry into the show.
Buyers can enjoy a variety of options for their accommodations, including the official lighting industry host hotel, the Sheraton Dallas downtown. Dallas Market Center also provides shuttle service from several properties. All show participants are encouraged to book hotel rooms as soon as possible here, in anticipation of high demand: https://book.passkey.com/event/50211927/owner/14227/home
Lightovation Exhibitor News and Events
From new collections to new showrooms and special guests there are important reasons to spend more time across the marketplace:
- Lighting leader Hinkley (TM 3210) celebrates its 100th anniversary.
- Avenue Lighting has expanded its showroom (TM 3521) to showcase unique and modern fixtures inspired by famous streets.
- Jeffery Alan Marks debuts a follow-up collection for Progress Lighting (TM 3840) focused on outdoor lighting, featuring six new family styles, encompassing 31 skus of hanging lanterns, wall lanterns, LED sconces and pendants.
- Maxim Group (TM 3901/3905) undergoes an extensive remodel of their lighting showroom and welcomes a new collaboration with Nina Magon for Studio M and another designer collaboration with Mat Sanders
- Kalco Lighting (TM 3303) introduces an exciting new collection with interior designer Vanessa De Leon.
- Norwell Manufacturing Company (TM 3321) opens an expanded new showroom for its interior and exterior lighting designs.
- Minka Group (TM 4103) launches a collaboration with interior designer Robin Baron with a kickoff presentation on Wednesday afternoon.
- Now a wholly owned subsidiary of WAC Lighting (TM 3101), Schonbek (TM 4926) kicks off an exciting new product debut as a leading brand for luxury design.
- Taylors – Visual Comfort & Tech Lighting (IHDC 1D111) welcomes several new collections: surface design company Hable at Taylors, lighting designs from Avroko, Kelly Wearstler, Mick De Giulio, and Sean Lavin for Tech Lighting and Visual Comfort introduces lighting from designer Paloma Contreras.
- Expanding from Spectrum, Wind River Ceiling Fans (TM 4517) gets its own showroom for fans, light kits and controls.
- Brand-new exhibitors to Lightovation for January 2022 include Acrosentec (TM 4028), Aptations (TM 4432-12), Social Lighting (TM 4432-01) and Verozza (TM 4432-21).
- Several Lightovation exhibitors invested in major showroon renovations to put their best foot forward in 2022, including Hudson Valley Lighting Group (TM 3902) and Quorum (TM 3004, 3111).
Exclusive Trend Report and Panel Presentation
Lightovation is presenting a comprehensive trend report encompassing major directions in home decor, architecture, building and remodeling and how they will impact lighting through 2023. The printed report is exclusive for Lightovation attendees to pick up and will be accompanied by on-site displays illustrating the trends and a panel presentation with global experts.
Award-winning trend ambassador Patti Carpenter and dynamic lighting designer Randall Whitehead will discuss the trends from the report in a special session moderated by Furniture Lighting & Decor editor-in-chief Diane Falvey. This will take place in The SMART Center Seminar Room (TM 4826) on Thursday at 2:00 p.m.
Additionally, the American Lighting Association (ALA) will host two Certified Lighting Consultant (CLC) accredited lighting application seminars with lighting designer Peter Romaniello on Thursday afternoon and Friday morning. Visit www.alamembers.com/Professional-Education/Live-Training for more information and to register for these sessions.
2021 Integrated Home Competition Winners
A special presentation at Lightovation on Friday at 10:30 a.m. in The SMART Center Seminar Room (TM 4826) will honor winners of the second annual Integrated Home Competition and illustrate how they represent the latest trends in smart and connected technologies. Organized by ALA, the Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE), UL and the Air Conditioning Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI), the Integrated Home Competition represents the evolution of the Lighting for Tomorrow Competition that recognized the best energy-efficient lighting products to encourage consumer adoption. CEE will also have a display and information table near the Trade Mart escalators on Thursday and Friday to learn more and kick off the 2022 Integrated Home Competition.
Lighting After Dark and Other Special Events
On Thursday beginning at 8:00 p.m., Dallas Market Center, Lightovation exhibitors and the American Lighting Association bring you the party of the year in a DMC x ALA collaboration celebrating ALA’s September 2022 Conference in Austin, TX. Enjoy live music from the Emerald City Band, food and drink, plus Conference-related giveaways and other prizes. All Lightovation attendees, exhibitors and reps are welcome to attend this free event within walking distance of DMC—just bring your badge to Renaissance Dallas Hotel - Grand Ballroom (2nd floor) for entry.
Lightovation will also welcome special groups for networking and business building opportunities. These include ALA’s Women in Lighting networking lunch on Thursday at 12:00 p.m. in the Varaluz showroom (TM 4507). This event is open to all women from all segments of the lighting industry and all levels of experience and will include special gifts for attendees, including Women in Lighting T-shirts and a pair of nail polish shades from Varaluz.
All Lightovation participants under the age of 40 are invited to join ALA’s Young Executives in the Kuzco lighting showroom (TM 4010) on Thursday at 3:00 p.m. for the group’s popular Cheers With Peers event. Check out the company’s new coffee bar and enjoy specialty cocktails while networking and getting a chance to win prizes, including a free registration to ALA’s Austin Conference in September.
Spectrum Shared Showroom (TM 4432) exhibitors will host a Happy Hour on Thursday from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., allowing guests to enjoy food and drink while visiting more than a dozen brands in one convenient location, including several new and expanded lines. SPECTRA Marketing will also introduce an updated version of its mobile app.
The 32nd ARTS Awards gala returns on Friday, January 7 at the Hilton Anatole hotel, hosted by Thom Filicia and Carson Kressley. The ARTS Awards is the premier international awards program dedicated to home industry excellence and achievement, hosted by Dallas Market Center and ART – The Creative Home Furnishings Network. The ARTS Awards will include category awards for lighting retailing and manufacturing as well as a special Academy of Achievement honor for Caroline Hipple, president of Norwalk Furniture, and a special HEARTS Award. Purchase tickets for this black tie optional event here: https://dallasmarketcenter.com/ArtsAwards/reservations
The ARTS Awards Preview Party takes place on Thursday at 6:00 p.m. in the Light + Design showroom (WTC 10085). This complimentary hospitality event will highlight finalists in all Manufacturing categories, including Lighting Fixture finalists Fine Art Handcrafted Lighting, Hubbardton Forge, Kuzco Lighting and Visual Comfort.
Attendees seeking space to relax and refresh while shopping the lighting floors are welcome to visit The SMART Center’s informal lounge area (TM 4826). There is also a convenient new Trade Mart food outlet in TM 4825 called The End Zone Sports Bar, featuring both concession-style foods and fresh options with TVs broadcasting sporting events.