From Home Furnishing Business
NYCxDESIGN Festival Returns Next Week
The NYCxDESIGN festival has announced its return to the city this month from Nov. 11 – 18. The festival highlights the talent and diversity of the city’s designers, makers, and manufacturers, along with cutting-edge design businesses and districts, and leading cultural and academic institutions.
With anchor tradeshows ICFF, WantedDesign Manhattan and BDNY, as well as 100+ other events across the five boroughs, NYCxDESIGN reconnects the city’s design community with the public and showcases how design can rebuild, reimagine, and shape renewal, while prioritizing equity, access and inclusion.
Featured Tradeshows — November 14 - 15, 2021 | 10am - 5pm
For the first time, Javits Convention Center will host ICFF: International Contemporary Furniture Fair, WantedDesign Manhattan and BDNY: Boutique Design New York in a robust showcase of the latest design introductions across hospitality, commercial and residential design sectors.
- ICFF: North America’s leading platform for contemporary furnishing design, ICFF invites architects, interior designers, retailers, distributors, developers, and press to discover furniture for residential, contract and hospitality environments. ICFF and the co-located WantedDesign Manhattan bring together over 300 established and emerging design brands from more than 25 countries.
- WantedDesign Manhattan: The Manhattan iteration of WantedDesign, a platform dedicated to promoting design and fostering the international creative community, invites thousands each year to see the best of what’s new in design through its exhibition and programming.
- BDNY: BDNY is the leading trade fair and conference for hospitality’s boutique and lifestyle design community. The show brings designers, architects, purchasing agents, hoteliers, owners and developers together with inventive manufacturers of design elements for hospitality interiors for a highly curated experience.
NYCxDESIGN Festival Programs — November 11- 18, 2021
NYCxDESIGN will present several curated festival event tracks that showcase the breadth of talent, districts, and innovation that make New York City’s design community like no other. NYCxDESIGN is partnering with Wendy Goodman on a special Brooklyn-focused itinerary sponsored by Industry City.
- Unifying through Design: These events highlight the ways in which diversity, equity, and inclusion drive momentum and creativity in the design sector.
- Brooklyn through Design | Curated by Wendy Goodman, Sponsored by Industry: Visit Brooklyn for events with a focus on how design and designers are continuously developing the future of NYC’s culture by re-defining and re-inventing the use of space. This itinerary is curated by Wendy Goodman, design editor at New York Magazine, and brought to you by Industry City, a booming creative campus led by fabulous advocates and supporters of New York City’s design community.
- Taking Action through Design: This itinerary is packed with events that break down the best practices of sustainable and circular design across disciplines.
- Self-Guided Journeys LIVE: Originally launched in May 2021 as an interactive online platform, NYCxDESIGN’s Self-Guided Journeys uncover the engine of creativity in every borough, spotlighting design studios, architectural facades, cultural institutions, creative landmarks, restaurants, and more. During the festival, NYCxDESIGN’s Self-Guided Journeys will come to life and welcome attendees to experience a behind-the-scenes look at some of NYC’s most vibrant design neighborhoods. The design community and public are invited to visit each of these open studios and creative destinations to hear from their leading representatives, and experience in-process design demonstrations. The online platform for Self-Guided Journeys will remain open for those unable to explore these destinations in person.
With NYCxDESIGN’s new Festival website, visitors can explore the 100+ events hosted across the five boroughs, from design talks and exhibitions to tours and installations. The public is invited to plan their journey for the upcoming November 2021 festival at festival.nycxdesign.org.