From Home Furnishing Business
IFDA NY Names 2021 Board
As president Santiago has committed to “upholding the high professional standards of the IFDA New York Chapter, encouraging the development of excellent programs and fostering fellowship among all members – And to have a lot of fun in the process.”
Enthusiasm and an abundance of talent and energy define Santiago, who also is an opera singer. “When it comes to interior design or operatic performances on stage, and most importantly loving the people in my life, I don't hold back. I wear my heart on my sleeve and expressions on my face speak volumes that reveal the essence of my true feelings and usually it's exuberance,” said Santiago.
In addition to being instrumental in the steady stream of programming the Chapter has developed starting in the darkest hours of the pandemic, Santiago has also ramped up the IFDA NY social media with a series of takeovers by the likes of Thom Filicia, Alexa Hampton, Vicente Wolf and more to come.
Other members of the esteemed board of members, which reflects the diversity of the organization’s membership, including representatives from all aspects of the design/furnishings field, are:
- Andrea Warriner, Past President/Chapter Advisor
- Susan Hirsh, FIFDA, Zahava Schwartz, VP’s of the Educational Foundation
- Susan Hirsh, FIFDA, Recording Secretary
- Jennifer Munich, Treasurer
- Rose B. Gilbert, FIFDA, VP of Membership
- Andrea Algaze, Garette Johnson and Jessica Kaller, VP’s of Programs
- Su Hilty, FIFDA, VP of Financial Resources (Sponsorship)
- Charles Pavarini III, J. Randall Tarasuk, VP’s of Awards & Recognition (Circle of Excellence 2022 Co-Chair)
- Sarah Fletcher, Jennifer Munich, VP’s of Marketing & Communications
- Erin Nova Peker, Susan Tucker and Richard Segal, VP’s of Trade Awareness (IFDA Selects)
- Erin Nova Peker, VP of Education
- Maureen Klein, VP of Professional Development
- Michelle Slovak, VP of Special Events (Holiday and Summer Socials)
- Amy Figueroa, Sponsor Liaison
- Claire Coleman, Director at Large
With the support of administrator-in-chief Rose Hittmeyer.