From Home Furnishing Business
Corey Damen Jenkins to Keynote ISFD Pinnacle Awards
Corey Damen Jenkins, nationally acclaimed interior designer, will be keynote speaker at the Annual International Society of Furniture Designers (ISFD) Pinnacle Awards Celebration on Oct. 19.
As a highly sought-after interior designer, Jenkins is known for mixing vibrant colors with layered patterns to create architecturally inspired spaces that are, at once, polished, inventive and unexpected. Taking cues from runway fashion, his projects feature luxurious and refined materials. He regularly collaborates with architects on new construction projects and renovations. Jenkin’s creative range encompasses many disciplines, including neo-traditional, modern and transitional design. He has directed commercial and residential projects throughout the United States and Canada. His firm maintains offices in Detroit, Michigan and New York City.
Jenkins was inducted into ELLE Decor’s coveted 2020 A-List which touts 125 of the best designers in the world. His bold interiors have graced the front covers of top shelter publications including House Beautiful and Traditional Home. His brand has also been featured in Architectural Digest, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Detroit News, and Vanity Fair. Televised audiences declared Jenkins the winner of HGTV’s competition series Showhouse Showdown. He has also been the recipient of numerous industry honors including Traditional Home’s New Trad Rising Star of Design Award, Fashion Group International’s Night of Stars Award for Interior Design and the D&D Building’s Stars on The Rise Award. In 2019 he was invited to design the formal library for the prestigious Kips Bay Decorator Show House. Most recently, Jenkins has appeared as a guest design expert on The Rachael Ray Show and Open House TV.
The esteemed judges tasked with reviewing all of the outstanding entries and selecting the best from each of the 20 home furnishings categories are:
- Christi Barbour, Barbour Spangle Design’s founder & co-CEO
- Everick Brown, founder & principal, Everick Brown Design
- Kelly DiFoggio, International Textiles Alliance president and director of sales and marketing for Yarn and Loom
- Diane Falvey, Furniture Lighting & Décor editor in chief
- John Gill, Haverty’s EVP merchandising
- Susan Inglis, executive director, Sustainable Furniture Council
- Stephanie James, Allen and James Interior Design co-founder & co-owner
- Kris Kolar, buyer, Clive Daniel Home
- Ida McCausland, IFDA international president
- Kaitlin Petersen, Business of Home editor in chief
- Rick Schroeder, professional furniture designer and past president & chairman of the ISFD board
- Jomo Tariku, Ethiopian American artist and industrial designer
- Maria West, Maria West Photography founder/designer
The Pinnacle Awards judges will determine the finalists in each category, and then select the winning designs. All the finalists’ designs will be promoted to retailers in the U.S. and around the world. Winning products will also have the right to feature the 2020 Pinnacle Award logo on all related media, collateral and packaging.
The 2020 Awards are sponsored by the High Point Market Authority, Leggett & Platt, International Market Centers, Herzog Veneers, Inc. Continental Hardware, Furniture Today, Pinnacle Financial Partners, Furniture Design Studios, Senlong Wood Company, Sherwin-Williams, High Point University, Royal Brass and Elements Studios.