From Home Furnishing Business
Atlanta Market Hosts “Shop the Show Alumni at Home Edition”
Atlanta Market’s Shop the Show is working from home this Summer season revisiting with old friends from its popular Shop the Show program. Now through the Summer 2020 market, “Shop the Show: Alumni at Home Edition” will explore five relevant design themes and current trends with blog posts, Q&As, a digital look book and social media posts.
A dozen participants from the past four Shop the Show seasons will share their outlook and essentials for today’s home-focused lifestyles, and showcase how they have incorporated the trends, brands and products they discovered at Atlanta Market into their projects, stores and lives.
“We are excited to reconnect with the amazing talent from the first four seasons of Shop the Show and work with them to create new content for product and trend discovery for our brands, retailers and designers,” said Dorothy Belshaw, International Market Centers chief marketing and digital officer.
In a new element for the Shop the Show program, the influencers are asked to explore five themes that are especially relevant to retailers and designers while consumers and clients are spending more time at home. They will explore these themes through products and trends from across Atlanta Market’s gift and home décor categories. The themes are:
- Cozy Up at Home. In an era where many are now spending much more time at home, homes must become the ultimate retreat. Simple comforts have never been more important for well-being, with an added element of luxury that makes the home-centric lifestyle a soothing experience. Maximizing living space indoor and out, and prioritizing amenities delivers a sense of wellness and tranquility. The Shop the Show style icons explore ways to refresh a space with these home essentials and tips for enhancing our environments.
- Retail Revival. Now more than ever, many are inspired by the ingenuity and adventurous spirit of retailers, who take on the daily demands of delivering fresh inspiration and essential products to their customers. As retailers enter their most challenging period in modern times, they look forward to adapting new strategies to serve up the latest trends in home furnishings, accessories and gift items. The Shop the Show lifestyle and retail experts share what they’re looking forward to this season and beyond as well as sage marketing advice on connecting with customers.
- Kitchen Comforts. For many, the kitchen is the true heart of the home. Gathering together to create and share favorite foods offers a welcome sense of comfort and connection. As people choose to dine in more than ever before, a well-stocked kitchen deserves its place in the home spotlight. The Shop the Show culinary tastemakers dish on their essential tools and kitchen must-haves to create confident chefs and comfortable kitchens, plus their favorite style tips on setting beautiful tables.
- Do Your Home Work. Working from home has transformed from a luxury to a full-on lifestyle. As many ease into the brand new routines of the home office, there is a growing desire to get creative about living and working spaces. Efficiency and flexibility are essential, but a sense of beauty still remains a priority. The Shop the Show experts weigh in on their top picks for creating an inspirational home workspace that maximizes both fun and functionality.
- The Art of Home. The current home-based lifestyle can be a source of inspiration and wonder with just the right amount of motivation. From home reorganization to DIY projects and crafting, many are finding new ways to refresh their living spaces from the inside out. The Shop the Show creatives share this season’s essential products and tips to give home a sense of individual style and functionality.
The Shop the Show: Alumni at Home Edition posts will include links to exhibitors’ digital showrooms making it easy for buyers to make plans to visit the brands at the upcoming Atlanta Market. Content will be presented online at AmericasMart.com/ShopTheShow.
Influencers participating in Shop the Show: Alumni at Home Edition include:
- designer, author and influencer Paloma Contreras of La Dolce Vita
- designer and TV personality Brian Patrick Flynn
- author and DIY, home décor and lifestyle influencer Liz Marie Galvan
- retailer and lifestyle influencer Monika Hibbs
- lifestyle influencer and retailer Landyn Hutchinson of Living with Landyn
- craft and design author and lifestyle influencer Brittany Watson Jepsen of The House That Lars Built
- stylist, author and entertaining expert Annette Joseph
- design influencers Chris and Julia Marcum of Chris Loves Julia
- TV host, chef and author Kelsey Nixon
- designer and TV personality Mat Sanders
- actress and author Tiffani Thiessan
- best-selling authors, TV personalities and organizing experts Clea Shearer and Joanna Teplin of The Home Edit
Preregistration is now open for the Summer 2020 staging, August 13-18, 2020. For more information, visit AtlantaMarket.com.