From Home Furnishing Business
Alden Parkes Revives ‘Showhouse in a Showroom’, Adds ‘Dining by Design’
Jacksonville, Fla.-based Alden Parkes will once again invite marketgoers to see its furniture interpreted through the eyes of seven of the interior design world’s freshest talents. Launched at the Fall 2018 High Point Market, the ‘Showhouse in a Showroom’ concept challenges interior designers to create settings for and inspired by Alden Parkes’ casegoods and upholstered furniture.
“We loved the energy the showhouse brought to the showroom last market,” said Alden Parkes CEO, Lynne McArdle. “It’s exciting to see how our products and designs can work with a designer’s individual vision and style. People take so much inspiration from the wonderful showhouses that are put on every year around the country, and we are proud to bring that spirit of transformation to the High Point Market.”
Alden Parkes is known for its use of exotic woods, carved details, and striking artisanal finishes. In addition to the line, the designers have access to products from partner companies, including rugs from Capa Home, bedding from Wildcat Territory, and tabletop products and accessories from Replacements, Ltd.
“Each of our designer partners has a very different point of view,” McArdle said. “Once again we get to see how leading design talents interpret our products in their own individual spaces.”
The six participating design firms include:
- Lisa Kahn Designs in Naples, Fla. —Featured recently in USA Today’s annual home issue, Lisa Kahn is passionate about helping people transform their homes into sanctuaries. In addition to working with individual design clients, Lisa lectures and teaches classes on combining elements of nature and classics of refined elegance into tranquil, life-enhancing environments.
- Shayla Copas Interiors in Little Rock, Ark. —Often described as a “color guru”, Shayla Copas brings a remarkable eye for color, texture, and balance to interiors that have both the comfortable familiarity of timeless design and an engagingly fresh approach to color and materials.
- Rajni Alex Design in Bronxville, N.Y. — The understated glamour of Rajni Alex’s interiors is enriched with layers of cultural influences that cross borders and centuries. Her vision, shaped by six years working for one of New York’s premier high-end design firms before she established her own practice, is an aesthetic that combines livability with judiciously chosen patterns, textures, and details.
- Kerrie Kelly Design Lab in Sacramento, Ca. — An award-winning interior designer, author, product designer, trend spotter, and multi-media consultant, Kerrie Kelly’s motto is “Everyone deserves great design.” Known for interiors that are comfortable, livable, and personal, Kerrie was recently named one of the Top 200 Design Influencers in the Home Design Industry.
- Keia McSwain with Kimberly + Cameron Interiors in Atlanta, Ga. — The peripatetic Keia McSwain, senior designer for Kimberly + Cameron, divides her time between Houston, Atlanta, and Denver and brings the same high-energy eclectic approach to her interior designs. Her interiors reflect a philosophy that puts home life at the center of home design: easy, elegant, and comfortable.
- Jeremy Bauer and Jason Clifton of Bauer/Clifton Interiors in Juneau, Alaska — Jeremy Bauer and Jason Clifton, the two halves of Bauer/Clifton share an award-winning vision of beautiful, functional spaces that make the most of natural materials without sacrificing polish and refinement.
In addition to the ‘Showhouse in a Showroom’, Alden Parkes is introducing ‘Dining by Design’, an area of the showroom where market-goers will have an opportunity to tour dining room inspirations from nine designers representing a variety of lifestyle points of view.
The ‘Dining by Design’ guest designers include Lauren Clement, Elle Cole, Cynthia Ferguson, Young Huh, Steve McKenzie, Michael Mitchell & Tyler Hill (Mitchell-Hill), Ruthie Staalsen, and Mikel Welch.
The ‘Showhouse in a Showroom’ and companion ‘Dining by Design’ will kick off on Thursday, April 4, and will run through Wednesday, April 10. The Alden Parkes showroom is open from 8 a.m. - 7 p.m. each day.
Alden Parkes will host a social event on Saturday, April 6 from 4:00 -6:00 p.m., with designers on hand to talk about their design concepts. The ‘Showhouse in a Showroom’ designers will also appear on a panel in the Alden Parkes showroom on Saturday, April 6, at 3:00 p.m.
Alden Parkes is the site for the Design on High Point Market CEU seminar program each market, co-sponsored by International Market Centers. CEU seminars are offered Saturday, Sunday and Monday in the Alden Parkes Showroom.