From Home Furnishing Business
Lightovation Expands New Products for January 2019 Show
The leading marketplace for lighting decision makers, Lightovation – Dallas International Lighting Show, will offer a full slate of educational programming and an expanded selection of new innovative products for the Jan. 16-20, 2019 show.
Lightovation takes place concurrently with Dallas Total Home & Gift Market, Jan.16-22.
“The lighting industry continues to experience substantial growth and innovation, and we are pleased to be the North American destination for lighting decision makers to review more new products and gain business intelligence,” says Cindy Morris, president and CEO of Dallas Market Center. “In addition, more companies are deepening their investment, signaling their confidence in Dallas as the dominant trading center.”
Continuing the tradition of offering the most comprehensive selection of leading-edge products in all categories of lighting and ceiling fans, the January market will showcase an increased amount of lighting resources. Capitalizing on the forward-momentum of the industry, several top lighting showrooms have expanded their presence at Dallas Market Center in order to feature new and extensive collections. Expansions include:
- Eurofase (Trade Mart 4002) has completed a major renovation and expansion that adds 50 percent to the company’s already substantial square footage.
- Fanimation (Trade Mart 4943) will also expand by 50 percent while the company commemorates its 35th anniversary with visitor-friendly showroom enhancements and introductions that play to its soft contemporary strengths.
- Kuzco Lighting will debut a major expansion and relocation to a 24,000 square foot showroom (Trade Mart 4010), timed with the company’s rebrand and the launch of a new partner brand, Alora Lighting, in Trade Mart 4402.
- Sonneman will relocate to a new 5,700-square-foot showroom in Trade Mart 4804, featuring a growing assortment of architecturally scalable lighting systems and more resources.
- Varaluz will expand its footprint by 50 percent in Trade Mart 4507, introducing the first furniture SKU’s to the growing Varaluz Casa line.
- Visual Comfort Group will increase its presence by 25,000 square feet on the first floor of the Interior Home + Design Center with an expansion in Taylors (IHDC 1D111) and a new Generation Lighting showroom (IHDC 1D321).
- Wind River Ceiling Fans will also expand its space in the Spectrum shared showroom (Trade Mart 4432-22-23).
Along with expansions among existing exhibitors, a number of new exhibitors will also have a presence. Big Ass Fans will bring its award-winning residential ceiling fans to Trade Mart 4830. There are seven new exhibitors in the Spectrum shared showroom (Trade Mart 4432): Aero Pure Fans; Acclaim Lighting; Avant Designs; The Coppersmith; Faro Barcelona; Lumiland; NuVision; and Razzetti.
New exhibitor highlights also include introductions of designer partnerships.
- Generation Lighting (IHDC 1D321) will showcase ED Ellen DeGeneres collaboration.
- Progress Lighting (TM 3840) will unveil Jeffrey Alan Marks collection.
- Hudson Valley Lighting (TM 3902) will debut designer partnerships with Mark D. Sikes and Martyn Lawrence Bullard for Corbett Lighting.
The SMART Center (Trade Mart 4826), a seminar, meeting and lounge space will host all educational events kicking-off on Tuesday, Jan. 15 at 3:00 p.m. with a pre-show keynote presentation by marketing expert Leslie Carothers on maximizing ROI using digital marketing tools.
Carothers will follow-up the keynote with a three-part workshop series on Google Maps, Facebook and Instagram:
Additional seminars will include three 90-minute discussions on linear light sources, selecting recessed fixtures and lighting control systems led by lighting designer Peter Romaniello.
All sessions will be Certified Lighting Consultant (CLC) accredited and registration will be available soon on the recently relaunched ALA member website (www.ALAMembers.com).
Networking opportunities will also be held during Lightovation including two events for ALA groups: the Women in Lighting Reception, hosted by Hinkley Lighting (Trade Mart 3210) on Wednesday, Jan. 16, at 5 p.m; and Cheers With Peers, a joint event for ALA Young Executives and ART’s Under 40 members on Thursday, Jan. 17, at 5 p.m. in Light + Design on Ten (World Trade Center 10085).
The all-industry Lighting After Dark party, scheduled for opening night, will feature a luxury casino theme on the 38th floor of the Center Tower at the renovated Sheraton Dallas Hotel on Wednesday, Jan. 16, 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. All buyers, exhibitors and reps are welcome.
Lighting manufacturers, retailers, designers and sales representatives will be among those lauded at the 30th ARTS Awards, a black-tie spectacle recognizing leaders in all facets of the home accessories industry. The gala will take place on Friday, January 18, 2019, at the Hilton Anatole, with cocktails at 6 p.m. and dinner at 7 p.m. The ARTS Awards are co-produced by Dallas Market Center and ART. Tickets for the event may be purchased at dallasmarketcenter.com/artsawards.
Two opportunities for recognition surrounding the June 19-22, 2019 edition of Lightovation will be promoted at the January show. Nominations are already being accepted (through April 1, 2019) for the Light Stars program, which honors top retail salespeople from across North America with complimentary travel to attend June Lightovation for the first time. Anyone in the industry may nominate a first-time attendee at dallasmarketcenter.com/LightStars.
The 10th annual Showroom of the Year Awards program, will also be accepting nominations during January Lightovation. The Showroom of the Year Awards honor leading lighting retailers throughout North America, with the 10th edition of the awards presented on June 19, 2019 in Dallas.
Lightovation attendees are invited to submit entries and nominations for the Showroom of the Year Awards using kiosks around Market and at www.SOTYAwards.com after Nov.28.
Additional information about the upcoming edition of Lightovation is available on the Lightovation page of the Dallas Market Center website.