From Home Furnishing Business
IFDA Hosts 1st Summer Summit at LV Market
2018 by Laurie Northington in Business Strategy, Industry
Hosted by the IFDA’s board of directors and Council of Presidents meetings, the summit will be an educational and networking opportunity for professionals in the furnishings and design industry.
“We are pleased to be collaborating with the Las Vegas Market for IFDA’s annual strategy meetings of the International Board of Directors and Council of Presidents, as well as two days of programming on the Market campus for our members and guests,” said Penny Sikalis, president. “With IMC’s generosity and the vibrancy of the Market itself, we’re able to bring tremendous value to our constituents and the design community.”
The Summer Summit will offer educational programs to IFDA members and colleagues that will include the latest industry issues, while connecting potential business partners, vendors and fellow professionals. Keynote speaker Mike Peterson, president of Vision Marketing, will lead two business branding workshops on Saturday, July 28. Networking will continue at IFDA’s gala reception and dinner at the Stratosphere’s “Top of the World.”
To register to attend the afternoon and evening events, visit www.ifda.com.
Friday, July 27
- 2 – 5 p.m.: IFDA Board of Directors meeting (by invitation)
Saturday, July 28
- 7:30 – 8:30 a.m.: Continental breakfast for Board of Directors and Council of Presidents (by invitation)
- 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.: Council of Presidents meeting (by invitation)
- 1 – 2 p.m.: Lunch – Board of Directors and Council of Presidents (by invitation)
- 2 – 4 p.m.: Keynote speaker, Mike Peterson (Open to IFDA members, non-members, guests)
- 4 – 6 p.m.: Enjoy market
- 4 – 6 p.m.: IFDA Educational Foundation board meeting (by invitation)
- 6:30 – 9:30 p.m.: Evening gala at Stratosphere’s Top of the World (Open IFDA members, non-members and guests)
Sunday, July 29
- 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.: DesignEDGE, IFDA-EF’s educational seminar (Open to IFDA members, non-members and guests), keynote speaker, Nolen Niu
- 3 – 6 p.m.: Enjoy market
The weekend summit will end with the IFDA Educational Foundation’s second annual DesignEDGE, hosted and sponsored by Las Vegas Market. To register to attend, visit www.ifdaef.org.
The Summer 2018 Las Vegas Market runs July 29 to August 2, 2018.