From Home Furnishing Business
Ikea Canada a Top Employer for Young People
Mediacorp has recognized Ikea Canada as one of Canada's Top Employers for Young People for the third consecutive year.
The designation is awarded to Canada's leaders who effectively attract and retain younger employees to their organizations.
"Ikea Canada continues to attract ambitious young professionals by offering exceptional leadership opportunities," said Kerri Molinaro, president of Ikea Canada. "Young Ikea enthusiasts relate to our culture and values, many showing the potential to have an exciting and fulfilling career with a great brand and global company."
Initiatives that make Ikea attractive to younger employees include:
* Tuition assistance: Ikea offers a 75 per cent educational assistance reimbursement program.
* Backpacker Program: Employees have the chance to travel for a year and work alongside a mentor in different locations around the world.
* IWitness Global Citizens Program: Employees have the chance to visit a developing country and see first-hand the impact the Ikea Foundation; and the Soft Toy for Education program has on improving the lives of children through educational programs.
* Ikea around the Globe: Since Ikea has stores and offices in 42 countries, international moves are often available.
* Competitive benefits for everyone, including part-time employees.