From Home Furnishing Business
ASID Announces AxD Fund to Strengthen Industry Impact
As a testament to the Society’s commitment to fight for impactful policy for the interior design profession at all levels of government, the AxD Fund will help ASID Government and Public Affairs (GPA) inform the public and policymakers on the impact of interior design work and the policy issues important to the profession and industry. The AxD Fund is not a PAC, and will not direct funds to any individual candidate for office.
Donations to the AxD Fund will support:
- Enabling the Society to expand its reach and scope
- Funding the creation and distribution of interactive materials and documents
- Hosting events and providing additional funding for chapters for advocacy initiative grants
- Covering member travel costs and unexpected needs
- Working to change the public narrative about interior design through political messaging and effective policy
ASID is currently advocating for the design profession on the following federal issues: practice rights, environmental issues, resilience, trade issues, materiality, tax policy, building codes and standards development, workforce development, and student debt, among other issues.
For more information on the Fund, go to https://www.asid.org/advocate-by-design