From Home Furnishing Business
Century’s Windsor Smith Collection Snags Major Pinnacle Award
The winner edged out A.R.T. Home Furnishings’ Cityscapes by Dave Clark, Keith Binnis and Michael Houston; Hooker Furniture’s Hill Country by Dudley Moore and Lenny Chapman; and Universal Furniture’s Postscript by Moore, Chapman and Alexander Julian for the top honor.
About 350 attended the Pinnacle Awards banquet, during which 16 other products also were honored for their design excellence.
Pinnacle Awards in the other categories went to:
- Occasional tables: Arctic cocktail table by Erica Wingo and Mike Jolly for Bernhardt Furniture.
- Occasional Storage: Turn a New Leaf by the Caracole Design team at Caracole.
- Youth furniture: Axis by Mike Warren Shannon Lookabill and Andrea Otto for Universal Furniture-Smartstuff.
- Casual dining: Calico Bay by Wilson Keel for Charleston Forge.
- Formal dining: Panavista Dining by Richard Schroeder and Denis Kissane for Stanley Furniture.
- Motion Upholstery: Aston Re-Invented Recliner by Jessica Green for American Leather.
- Stationary Upholstery: Come Full Circle by Christopher Sandomenico for Caracole.
- Leather Upholstery: Casa Blanca Sectional by Stanley J. Friedman for Moroni.
- Home Office: Duo Pedestal Desk by Matthew Weatherly for BDI.
- Home Entertainment: Elements Media + Storage Consoles by Al Glass and Jason Guidry for BDI.
- Summer/Casual: Cooper by Frederic Spector and Alan Antonelli for Lane Venture.
- Bedroom: Bungalow – Paula Deen Home by Dudley Moore and Lenny Chapman for Universal Furniture.
- Lighting: Huntsman Lighting Collection by Clarence Millari for
Currey and Company.
- Accessories: Birch Leaf Wall Art by Julie Phillips for Phillips Collection.
- Student Award: Calla Stool by Walter Mingledorff, Appalachian State University.
- Green Leaf Award: Waterfall Accent Tables by Jason Phillips for Phillips Collection.
The annual design competition is sponsored by the American Society of Furniture Designers.