HFBNow! Daily News and Designer Weekly
Brought to you by Home Furnishings Business
Interior Design Summit Adds 8 Speakers to Event Roster
The Interior Design Summit, a symposium for interior design professionals and design firms, has added eight speakers to its lineup for its fourth annual event.
The Summit, presented by Gail Dolby Coaching and Consulting and Luxe Interiors + Design, will take place Friday, Oct. 13 during the Fall High Point Market.
Six highly successful professional designers will share their most valuable insights. Those speakers and topics are:
- Christi Barbour, Diversify to Ensure Your Business’s Sustainable Success
- Brian Hammell, Build Your Brand and Attract Your Ideal Clients with
- Vicky Serany, Generate Referrals by Helping Others Succeed
- Christi Spangle, Increase Your Productivity and Your Bottom Line
- Cheryl Beach Stauffer, Generosity Marketing – How Giving Back Attracts
-Karen Wolf, Timelessly Infuse Trends in Your Designs
In addition, Michelle Jennings Wiebe, president and principal designer of Studio M Inc., joins Gail Doby and Kimberly Merlitti, a San Francisco-based business financial strategist for interior design, architecture and construction firms, as a panelist for Setting & Selling Your Fees. Topics of discussion will include how much to charge, how and when to raise rates, and how to sell your value, not your time.
These presenters will join previously announced keynote speaker Lisa Kahn-Allen, owner of Lisa Kahn Designs, and Pamela S. McNally, vice president of digital for Sandow, Luxe Interiors + Designs parent company.
Title sponsors of the event are Lexington Home Brands, and the High Point Market Authority. Fourteen key sponsors have been added as well.
“The Interior Design Summit is the only conference of its kind, specifically focused on the business side of the interior designers’ business with profit and success strategies at the core of the summit sessions,” said Doby.
“Transforming your business is real, and it happens when you have the proper support, tools and experts that genuinely and openly guide you through the process,” continued Doby.
Summit participants will have access to a curated Market experience called the IDS GRAM/MEs that provides attendees with VIP-level access to preeminent showrooms at the High Point Market. Visiting the showrooms will also provide attendees with Instagram-worthy opportunities that will result in prizes.
The top two prizes include a 12-month Luxe Preferred Program valued at $25,000, provided by Luxe Interiors + Design and a VIP Intensive Experience and membership in the Design Success Alliance, valued at $17,500, given by Gail Doby Coaching & Consulting.
Registration is $497 and includes:
- Full-day educational program along with breakfast and lunch on Friday, Oct. 13
- A cocktail reception, also on Friday, co-hosted by Barclay Butera and Gail Doby, at Lexington Home Brands’ showroom, which includes complimentary transportation
- Mimosas and continental breakfast at Woodard Furniture on Sunday, Oct. 15
- Breakfast at Theodore Alexander on Monday, Oct. 16 followed by the Best of Theodore Alexander tour with Steven Avitable and Anthony Cox
- High Point Market registration, including complimentary airport, hotel and Market district shuttles, Oct. 13 – 16
- GRAM/ME curated Market experience, Oct. 14 – 16
- An After Party reception and prize drawings at French Heritage showroom, Monday, Oct. 16
The Interior Design Summit will take place in the ballroom of the IHFC. Key sponsor High Point Market Authority will work with attendees to pre-register them for market, assist in planning their trip and provide transportation during the event.
To register for the event, go to www.interiordesignsummit.com