HFBNow! Daily News and Designer Weekly
Brought to you by Home Furnishings Business
ASID Launches Redesigned And Enhanced Websites
The responsive national site is now available at www.asid.org.
The enhanced ASID platform will provide an outlet to communicate the impact of design on the human experience and help define the role of interior designers at both the national and local levels.
The goal of the websites is to offer valuable information for consumers, ASID members, industry representatives, and the design community at large. The websites, developed by Orases and designed by Think Baseline, are user-centric and offer clear navigation on multiple platforms and devices. The sections include career guidance, chapter and national news, events, and the latest ASID research. Each of the 47 local ASID chapter websites have been updated to allow for uniformity and to easily share information across the Society.
ASID CEO Randy Fiser explains, “The redesigned ASID websites are the gateway into the design community, informing members, clients, and the world of what’s new and important in design today. The content showcases the Society’s global leadership in interior design, through our research, advocacy, and education on behalf of all designers. Our goal is to communicate the powerful impact that design can have on people, and offer insights into how a designer can live this mission and incorporate it into their practice.”
In addition to the enhanced design and layout of the pages, new functions have been implemented:
- The Resource Center presents ASID-led research on the business and industry. Users can narrow this information based on their area of interest.
- The Career Page acts as a learning center to assist designers with professional guidance.
- The Events Page showcases ASID activities nationwide, such as trade shows and programming.
- The News Page houses the Society’s latest announcements.
- The ASID Foundation advances the profession and communicates the impact of design through research, scholarships, and education. Formerly available as a separate microsite, Foundation information has now been incorporated into ASID.org.
ASID.org is designed with everyone in mind and is 508 compliant, taking its user-friendly features to the next level; the colors, contrasts, and fonts were all carefully selected to be clear and accessible to any website user.
“Design is universal, and it was our top priority to make the website universal, too. By pushing ourselves to meet and exceed 508 standards, we’re helping make the design world truly accessible to everyone,” Fiser added.
To ensure optimal input and feedback on the site throughout its development process, ASID formed a Website Advisory Task Force made up of interior designers from around the country. Their valuable insights as regular ASID.org users ensured that the redesigned website would meet the demands of all members.
Beyond the redesign of the national site and the 47 individual ASID chapter sites, the content has been reorganized to maintain continuity of experience.