HFBNow! Daily News and Designer Weekly
Brought to you by Home Furnishings Business
Temp Exhibitors Top 600 in Las Vegas Market
More than 600 temporary exhibitors – including nearly 200 who are first-time participants in Las Vegas Market – will be featured in the gift and home décor exhibit areas of the Pavilions when they are open for buyers Jan.22-25.
Market officials said the gift, home, handmade and design categories will occupy Pavilion 1, while an exhibit area labeled Discoveries: The Antique Vintage Marketplace will occupy Pavilion 2.
Officials said exhibit areas in the gift and handmade categories are sold out, while the design, home and discovery areas are significantly larger than previous markets.
“Las Vegas Market continues to experience exceptionally high levels of demand for temporary exhibition space, and we will welcome nearly 200 new and returning companies for the forthcoming winter Market,” said Dorothy Belshaw, president of gift leasing for International Market Centers. “As the nation’s fastest growing gift and home décor market, Las Vegas Market gives buyers an ever-increasing number of resources to surprise and delight their customers.”
Beyond exhibits, the Pavilions will offer retailers a variety of amenities and activities. Schedule highlights follow, with complete details and registration available online at www.lasvegasmarket.com/seminars-and-events/.
- 10 Unique and Creative Ways to use Immediate Delivery Retail seminar by Allan Share & Patti Biro, hosted by Day Spa Association and IMC, on Sunday, Jan. 22, 2017 from 1-2 p.m.
- Healthcare Gift Guide: Top Picks for Hospital Gift Shops, tour led by Barb Farmer, Chandler Regional & Mercy Gilbert Medical Centers and hosted by Association for Healthcare Volunteer Resource Professionals and IMC, on Sunday, January 22, from 2:30-4:00 p.m.
- The Vintage Boudoir with Christi Proctor, watch a luxuriously designed bedroom come to life using products exclusively sourced from Discoveries: The Antique Vintage Marketplace, On Sunday, January 22 from 2:00-3:00 p.m.; and Tuesday, January 24, from 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Touring the Trends with Rue Magazine, led by Victoria de la Camara, Style and Market Editor for Rue Magazine, on Sunday, January 22 from 3:30-4:30 p.m. RSVP now, as groups are limited.
- Meet the Makers Lunch Seminar, with artisanal makers and curators discussing what’s new and what’s next in the maker movement, on Monday, January 23, 11:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m. (0.1CEU). Complimentary boxed lunches provided by IMC. RSVP to register for this event as space is limited.
- Cash & Carry Shopping Spree at The Pavilions & Discoveries: The Antique Vintage Marketplace, on Monday January 23, a special evening of late night shopping and adult beverages, with doors open until 7pm and complimentary cocktails from 2:00 to 7:00 p.m. in both venues. Food court and food trucks will be open offering food for purchase.
- Top Museum Store Product Curated Docent Tour, led by Patricia Sampson, High Museum of Art, hosted by Museum Store Association and IMC on Monday, January 23, from 10:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Touring the Trends through Discoveries, led by Rachel Hoffmann, ISA, Antiques Curator & Blogger for Ruby Lane, hosted by Ruby Lane, Antique Young Guns U.S.A. and IMC Monday, January 23, from 1:30-2:30 p.m.
- Stroll the Top Personal Care, Spa & Lifestyle Products, led by Niko Siton, Mandarin Oriental, hosted by Day Spa Association and IMC, Monday, January 23 2:30-4:00 p.m.