From Home Furnishing Business
Pinnacles Honor Top Furniture Designs
Celebrity designer Joe Ruggiero and Ray Allegrezza, editor in chief at Furniture Today, co-hosted a record number of guests, who were greeted by this year’s Student Design finalists and industry dignitaries and recognized with photo ops and interviews.
This year marked the first Student Pinnacle given in the history of the awards. The Student Award category was initiated to encourage and salute the next generation of furniture designers. The winner, Rebecca Goddard from Appalachian State University, will be the first recipient of the new award.
The winners for the 17 categories, and the winners and finalists’ product entries can be seen here.
Winners are listed below.
* Occasional Tables: Links Cocktail Table by Pride Sasser for Century Furniture.
* Occasional Storage: Awesome Blossom by Caracole Design Team for Caracole.
* Youth Furniture: Bellamy Collection by Michael Warren, Shannon Lookabill and Andrea Otto for SmartStuff by Universal Furniture.
* Casual Dining: Kissing Butterflies Dining Table by Mandy Shanahan for Phillips Collection.
* Formal Dining: Do a 360 by Caracole Design Team for Caracole.
* Motion Upholstery: Morris Chair and Ottoman by Noah Packard for American Leather.
* Stationary Upholstery: Niagara Collection by Stanley J. Friedman for American Leather.
* Leather Upholstery: Snello by Kelvin Ng for Kelvin Giormani by Planum.
* Lighting: Rockstar--Sixteen Light Pendant by Steve Nadell for Corbett Lighting.
* Accessories: Vintage Vinyl Floorcloths by Dani Cripe, Alysha Simko, Nicole Shenk and Lea Brubaker for Spicher and Co.
* Home Office: Workwell Home Office (5275-10) by Taylor West for Hooker Furniture Corp.
* Home Entertainment: Corridor 8179 by Matthew Weatherly for BDI.
* Bedroom: Contour Bed with Shelf Nightstands by Armin Driver, Ben Copeland and Tim Copeland for Copeland Furniture.
* Summer/Casual: Palm Chair & Ottoman by Carlo Baso for David Francis Furniture.
* Student Award: ANOVA Side Table by Rebecca Goddard, Appalachian State University.
* Green Leaf Award: Asken Wood Shawl by Mark Phillips for Phillips Collection.
* Major Collections: Mesa Collection by Chris Bergelin and Thad Bergelin for Century Furniture.