From Home Furnishing Business
Icon Honors Names Winners
More than 1,000 people gathered to applaud the nine Icon Honors 2014 Honorees, which were selected from a broad field of entries.
Following are the Icon Honors 2014 honorees and their categories.
* Innovation Honors: Surya for Technology Innovations; and Leftbank Art for Product Innovations.
* Contribution Honors: Up Country Gardens/Home for Community Influence; and Mud Pie for Industry Influence.
* Branding Honors: J Banks Design Group for Branding/Identity.
* Achievement Honors: Annie Selke of Pine Cone Hill, Career Achiever.
* AmericasMart Medal of Excellence Honor: catstudio.
* Icon 2014 Lifetime Achievement Honor: Barbara Bradley Baekgaard of Vera Bradley.
* The Gift and Home Trade Association/Gift for Life Honor of Excellence: Albert Maslia.
“Five years ago, Icon Honors premiered in pursuit of the mission for which it was created: to showcase and celebrate global innovation,” said Jeffrey L. Portman Sr., vice chairman and president of Americasmart Atlanta, the founder and primary sponsor of Icon Honors. “That mission continued this year with the largest audience in Icon history on hand to witness stories of extraordinary achievement, and to be reminded of all that ingenuity and innovation can accomplish.”
An exclusive performance by Heart, led by Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees Ann and Nancy Wilson, added excitement to the event.