From Home Furnishing Business
NAHFA Names Retailer of the Year Nominees
The award celebrates the outstanding achievements and progressive leadership of the nation’s home furnishings retailers.
Candidates will be considered in two categories--businesses with sales volume under $10 million; and those with sales volume $10 million or above. Nominees in the under $10 million sales volume category include:
* Brian Garrison, Garrison’s Home Furnishings, Central Point, Ore.
* Chris Cooley, Michael Alan Distinctive Home, Lake Havasu, Ariz.
* Dave Harkness, Harkness Furniture, Tacoma, Wash.
* Douglas Bradford, J. Douglas Design, Dallas, Texas.
* Lael Thompson, Broyhill Home Collections, Aurora, Colo.
* Lorri Johnson, Wesco Home Furnishings, Sparta, Wis.
* Rex Maynard, Maynard’s Home Furnishings, Belton, S.C.
* Sandeep Gupta, Carolina Furniture Concepts, Arden, N.C.
* Tim and Mark Koerner, Koerner Furniture, Coeur d’Alene, Idaho.
* Victor Ramos, Ramos Furniture, San Jose, Calif.
Nominees in the $10 million or above sales volume category include:
* Dale and Sherry Sheely, Sheely’s Furniture & Appliances, North Lima, Ohio.
* Dorian Stacy Sims, Stacy Furniture & Design, Grapevine, Texas.
* Gary Mullaney, Gardiners Furniture and Mattress, Baltimore, Md.
* Herb and Seth Weisblatt, Sam’s Furniture, Ft. Worth, Texas.
* Ivan Smith Jr., Ivan Smith Furniture, Shreveport, La.
* Kevin Rife, Rife’s Home Furniture, Springfield, Ore.
* Todd and Gregg Lehman, Interiors Furniture & Design, Lancaster, Pa.
* Shane Spiller, Spiller Furniture, Tuscaloosa, Al.
* Tom Olinde, Olinde’s Furniture, Baton Rouge, La.
NAHFA members in good standing were nominated by members of the home furnishings industry based on exemplary service to the industry and to their communities; and for providing an exceptional customer experience in their store.
A selection committee, comprising two members of NAHFA’s Board of Directors; two NAHFA members; two manufacturers; two service providers/suppliers; and two members of the industry media, will review the nominations. Winners will be announced during the April High Point Furniture Market.
The 2014 North American Home Furnishings Retailer of the Year awards will be presented June 1, at the annual Home Furnishings Networking Conference in Phoenix, Ariz.
“We’d like to congratulate all of our nominees,” said NAHFA CEO Sharron Bradley. “We have an impressive list of candidates, all of whom are exceptional retailers. We wish them all good luck in winning this prestigious award.”