From Home Furnishing Business
Wayfair Names 5 Tastemakers
2016 by in Designer Weekly
Wayfair (NYSE:W) has named five designers to its 2016 Trade Tastemaker Awards.
This year, Trade Services at Wayfair partnered with design experts Barclay Butera, Mat Sanders and Jenni Pulos to select the most exceptional designers of the year. The judges reviewed more than 5,000 submissions to identify innovative designers in each of the following categories: Designer of the Year, Best Commercial Space, Best Entertainment Space and Best Use of Color. New this year, the public also had the opportunity to cast their vote for their favorite designer in the People’s Choice category.
“We are so impressed with the remarkable talent we see in our Trade Services program and are delighted to partner with our accomplished judges to highlight and honor a few outstanding interior designers,” said Jessica Dowling, head of trade services at Wayfair. “This year’s Trade Tastemaker winners have tackled challenging spaces to create truly remarkable interiors that demonstrate creativity and innovation. We are inspired by the surprising bursts of bold color, dramatic architectural contrasts and fresh motifs that come together in these award-winning interiors.”
The winners are:
- 2016 Designer of the Year, sponsored by MODLOFT – Linc Thelen, Linc Thelen Design;
- Best Commercial Space – Century City Office by Veneer Designs;
- Best Entertainment Space – Truckee Residence by Antonio Martins Interior Design;
- Best Use of Color – West Hampton Beach Playhouse by Chango & Co., and;
- People’s Choice, sponsored by Stanley Furniture – Thread by Lindsay Bentis.