From Home Furnishing Business
Market Authority Kicks off Premiere for April
The High Point Market Authority is teaming up with various design industry experts and exhibitors for its New Product Premiere program.
Focusing on products being introduced at Spring Market, the program will give attendees a sneak peek of what to expect at the April event.
New product images are now being accepted from exhibitors for inclusion in the program, which will include a Twitter Chat, a preview from the 2016 Style Spotters team, highlights from online design publications and an “Exhibitors New Product Picks” section on the Market Authority’s website.
The program encompasses four different outlets, including:
1. High Point Market Twitter Chat scheduled for March 2 at 6 p.m. eastern time. The chat can be followed on Twitter via #HPMKT, and the deadline for submission is Tuesday, Feb. 23 by 5 p.m.
This online discussion of new products and current trends, led by the design experts of Décor Mentor, connects companies with hundreds of buyers and designers while generating millions of impressions to more than 350,000 Twitter accounts.
“The Twitter Chat is an exceptional marketing and relationship building opportunity with the potential of 10 million eyes on your newest products,” said Lisa Ferguson, Décor Mentor founder. In addition to Ferguson, the Décor Mentor team includes the following:
• Beth Dotolo and Carolina V. Gentry of Pulp Design Studios. With more than 30 years combined experience, Pulp Design Studios is recognized for their Splendid Living approach which brings completely personalized design that improves how you live in your space.
• Erica Islas is an architectural interior designer and the founder of EMI Interior Design, a Design+Build company specializing in kitchen and bathroom renovations.
• Jennifer Brouwer of Jennifer Brouwer Design has more than 17 years of experience completing more than 600 building and renovation projects for clients. Jennifer’s work has been published in the book “Spectacular Homes of Toronto” and she has been named one of Toronto’s top designers.
• Based in Manhattan and Los Angeles, the work of interior designer Kati Curtis highlights the sophistication of New York with the flavor, and just a twist, of California. Her frequent travels take her around the world where the colors and motifs, the patterns and textures she sees, influence all she designs.
2. High Point Market Style Spotters Spring Preview
The Market’s 2016 Style Spotters team will highlight its favorite new products and discuss emerging trends. This preview will appear online on the HPMA website and in special emails to registered buyers and designers.
3. Previews by Popular Online Design Publications
Rue Magazine, an online design publication, will use the product premiere program as a resource to select styles to highlight on its website and via its social media channel as Market approaches. The Editor at Large will also produce a special series of Market preview videos, featuring design leaders Thom Filicia, Alexa Hampton, Celerie Kemble, and Nick Olson of Kate Spade New York.
4. Special section on highpointmarket.org
All new product images submitted by High Point Market exhibitors will be featured in a special “Exhibitors New Product Picks” section of the HPMA website.
To be considered for these previews, exhibitors can submit up to two photos of April 2016 introductions via their online exhibitor profile by 5 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 23.