From Home Furnishing Business
9 Interior Designers Named as High Point Market Style Spotters
Here's a look at the roster:
• Michelle Jennings Wiebe, ASID (Florida), Style Spotter “Emeritus”, Studio M, @StudioM_
• Arianne Bellizaire (Louisiana), Inspired to Style, @InspiredArianne
• Kati Curtis (New York), Kati Curtis Design, @DesignerKati
• Beth Dotolo (Washington), Pulp Design Studios, @PULPdesigns
• Lori Gilder (California), Interior Makeovers Inc., @LoriGilder
• Patti Johnson, IDS, DSID (Ohio), Patti Johnson Interiors, @PJohnsonInt
• Courtney Lake (California), Monogram Décor, @CourtneyOutLoud
• Jonathan Legate (Nova Scotia), Jonathan Legate Interior Consultation, @JonathanLegate
• Leslie Hendrix Wood (Texas), Hadley Court, @Hadley_Court
Style Spotters are charged with scouring the Market to find their favorite products and top trends, leaving behind a card on each item they “spot”. These finds are then posted to the Market Pinterest boards and contribute to the two Trend Reports (April and October) that the HPMA produces.
Wiebe, Style Spotter “Emeritus”, provides guidance to the team and writes the forward for each Trend Report.
“The Style Spotter team for 2015 will work through both Markets (April and October), which affords continuity and expanded marketing possibilities for the HPMA,” said Tom Conley, president and CEO of the High Point Market Authority. “They represent the four corners of North America and bring to the High Point Market their individual style, social media followings and their ability to spot trends affecting the home furnishings industry.”
Style Spotters, launched during the Fall 2011 Market, are home fashion trendsetters that showcase their favorite products and top trends from Market exhibitors on Pinterest. The HPMA put the 2015 team together by using a combination of self-identified and well-known candidates, with an impartial vetting and selection committee, and sought a diverse and geographically balanced group.
Market attendees are invited to join the Style Spotters Tuesday, April 21 during Market at 9 a.m. for Style Spotters LIVE!, a free event at which a panel of Style Spotters will discuss the top trends and products found at Market. This event is immediately followed by the Style Spotters VIP Tours, which are led by individual Style Spotters. These tours are an opportunity for attendees to receive guided tours through two of a Style Spotters’ favorite showrooms.