From Home Furnishing Business
High Point Market Authority Taps New Board Members
2014 by in High Point, Market
The new members include:
* Bruce Cohenour, senior vice president, Bassett Furniture Inds.
* Abe Elmore, founder, Elmore Furniture.
* Rod Lambeth, CEO, Tomlinson/Erwin-Lambeth Furniture.
* Julie Messner, vice president of Leasing, International Market Centers.
* William “Dudley” Moore Jr., president, Otto & Moore.
* Michelle Jennings Wiebe, president, Studio M Inc.
They join existing board members, bringing the full complement up to 14 voting members. Existing members include
* Doug Bassett, Vaughan-Bassett Furniture and HPMA chairman.
* Scott Eckman, International Market Centers and HPMA treasurer.
* Tim Ilderton, High Point Chamber of Commerce.
* John Gunter, Home Comfort & Mattress Center.
* Heinz Kattenfeld, 220 Elm.
* Tim Mabe, High Point Convention and Visitors Bureau.
* Jeff Scheffer, Universal Furniture International and HPMA vice chairman.
* Mayor of the City of High Point.
“We are happy to welcome our newest Board and Executive Committee members,” said Tom Conley, president and CEO of the High Point Market Authority. “They will give us a strong representation for the many groups that have a stake in the High Point Market. We continue to build a board that better represents each constituent, from building owners and exhibitors, to retailers and designers, to city and county government.”
The board’s six-person Executive Committee consists of Doug Bassett, Bruce Cohenour, Tom Conley, Scott Eckman, Jeff Scheffer, and the Mayor of the City of High Point.
Ex Officio and Liaison members are Sharron Bradley of the North American Home Furnishings Association; Bruce Davis of the Guilford County Board of Commissioners' Rick Gillispie of the International Home Furnishings Representatives Association; Loren Hill of the High Point Economic Development Corporation; Randy McCaslin, interim city manager, City of High Point; and Britt Moore of the High Point City Council.