From Home Furnishing Business
IIDA Launches 2nd Asia Pacific Design Awards
This international design competition honors innovation and design excellence in interior design and architecture throughout the Asia Pacific region through recognition of projects in 10 design categories.
“Last year’s inaugural IIDA Asia Pacific Design Awards illustrated how varied the region’s ideas could be and celebrated the outstanding interior design/architecture built in the Asia Pacific area,” IIDA Executive Vice President and CEO Cheryl S. Durst said. “We look forward to revisiting the vital design thinking and creative solutions to be found in these countries.”
The 2014 jury panel includes Primo Orpilla, IIDA of Studio O+A; Annhy Shim, Associate IIDA of The Related Group; and Joey N. Shimoda, IIDA, FAIA of Shimoda Design Group.
Entries are now being accepted in the following categories:
* Corporate Space Large (1,000 square meters and above)
* Corporate Space Small (under 1,000 square meters)
* Cultural/Institutional/Educational (elementary/secondary educational facilities, colleges/universities, art museums, religious facilities, libraries)
* Healthcare (hospitals, medical facilities)
* Hotels; Municipal/Public Spaces (government spaces, sports arenas, casinos, entertainment/performing arts centers)
* Residences (private homes, embassies, consulates, assisted/senior living)
* Restaurants (restaurants, bars, lounges); Retail (Stores, boutiques, showrooms)
* Spas/Fitness/Wellness Centers
Projects must be located in the Asia Pacific region, but the design firms may be located anywhere. Submitted projects must have been completed between Jan. 1, 2012 and June 30, 2014. Deadline for submitting entries is Friday, Aug. 22, 2014.
Projects in the following countries are eligible to be submitted: American Samoa, Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Cook Islands, East Timor, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, French Polynesia, Guam, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kiribat, Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Nauru, Nepal, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Northern Mariana Islands, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Wallis and Futuna.
All winning projects will be published on the IIDA Web site and recognized at a special awards reception in Singapore in October 2014.
For questions and more information, please contact IIDA Senior Director of Membership Lisa Toth via email at email@example.com; or visit the competition page on the IIDA Web site.