From Home Furnishing Business
High Point Market Names Style Spotters Team
The 2014 team includes:
* Michelle Jennings Wiebe, ASID (Florida), Year 2013 Style Spotter “Emeritus”, Studio M, @StudioM_
* Shay Geyer (Texas), Fall 2013 Runner-Up, IBB Design Fine Furnishings, @designerShay
* Mitzi Beach, ASID, CAPS (Kansas), Mitzi Beach Interiors, @mitzi_beach
* Jeanne Chung (California), Cozy•Stylish•Chic, @CozyStylishChic
* Nicole Gibbons (New York), Nicole Gibbons Studio LLC, @NicoleGibbons
* Haskell Harris (South Carolina) Haskell Harris Creative, @haskellharris81
* Meredith Heron (Canada), Meredith Heron Design Inc., @meredithheron
* Gary Inman (Virginia), Glave & Holmes, @GaryInman2
* Denise McGaha (Texas), Denise McGaha Interiors, @DeniseMcGaha
* Michelle Workman (Georgia), Michelle Workman Interiors, @interioricon
Style Spotters, launched during the Fall 2011 Market, are home fashion trendsetters that showcase their favorite products and top trends from Market exhibitors on Pinterest. The HPMA put the 2014 team together by using a combination of self-identified and well-known candidates, with an impartial vetting and selection committee, and sought a diverse and geographically balanced group.Julia Noran Johnston (The Editor at Large) and Kelli Ellis (Design Camp) assisted the selection committee.
The Style Spotter team for 2014 will work through both this year's Markets, which affords continuity and expanded marketing possibilities for the HPMA. Style Spotters will continue to post their favorite products and top trends to the Market Pinterest board (Style Spotters will present exhibitors with signs that highlight their name with a QR code and URL) and will contribute to the two Trend Reports (April and October) that the HPMA produces.
High Point Market has received international recognition as one of the top brands using Pinterest. Social media and branding experts have touted the Market’s Style Spotters program as a unique way to take advantage of brand building on Pinterest.