Barcalounger to Unveil Outdoor Furniture Line at October Market
The new line will feature five full collections that include 50 furniture pieces and a 20-piece decorative pillow program.
Featuring upscale and mixed media seating and dining designs in the medium to upper-medium price points, the new line will include several reclining chairs, large swivel rocking lounge chairs, swivel host chairs with a 360-degree auto-return mechanism, and a sofa with left and right arm facing recliners.
All recliners feature Leggett & Platt weather-proof outdoor mechanisms. Barcalounger CEO Larry Smith said Leggett & Platt and other creative designers collaborated in the development of the outdoor motion pieces, noting that all mechanisms are rust-free for the life of the warranty and undergo a rigorous testing process for weather-proofing.
“We’re bringing a new level of functionality and comfort to the outdoor room,” said Smith.
The outdoor living brand will debut next month in a new 2,500-square-foot showroom space at H-633 of the International Home Furnishings Center, the result of an expanded Barcalounger showroom. Retailers will enter through the regular Barcalounger showroom, and then transition to an “outdoor” exhibition through an arched entrance to see the outdoor gallery.
- Pacific Shoreline, a traditional rolled-arm design with bun feet in woven extruded resin with all aluminum frames. Table tops include travertine and porcelain tile with a rust-free aluminum rim.
- Westbrook, a transitional-styled woven extruded resin design with exposed all-aluminum rust-free arms and front legs and slatted table tops with a hand antiqued finish.
- Tacoma, a retro-styled woven tub-chair design with fully woven tops and an innovative relaxed, lower dining seating height.
- Captiva Isle, a traditional-styled woven extruded resin design with an all-aluminum rust-free frame and laser-cut tile table tops with a hand-antiqued finish.
- Columbia, a fully-cushioned traditional styled rust-free aluminum ladder-back design. Table tops are slatted with a hand antiqued finish.